Visit – Freemasons’ Hall and Library
Date(s) - 01/03/2007
[B]cpd25 Visit to Freemasons’ Hall and Library
60 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5AZ.
March 1st 2007, 3-5pm[/B]
The Library and Museum of Freemasonry houses one of the finest collections of Masonic material in the world.
The Museum contains an extensive collection of objects with Masonic decoration including pottery and porcelain, glassware, silver, furniture and clocks, jewels and regalia. Items belonging to famous and Royal Freemasons including Winston Churchill and Edward VII are on display together with examples from the Museum’s extensive collection of prints and engravings, photographs and ephemera.
Freemasons’ Hall has been the centre of English Freemasonry for 230 years. It is the meeting place for over 1000 Masonic lodges and is the headquarters of the United Grand Lodge of England, the oldest Grand Lodge in the world. The building, which is listed Grade II*, dates from 1927-1933. The architects were H V Ashley and F Winton Newman. The interior of the building is richly decorated.
To book a place, please contact Dave Puplett: email@example.com