The Practical Aspects of Dealing With Copyright [Event Ref. No. TG3/COPYR]
cpd25 is pleased to offer a one-day seminar on Tuesday, 22nd June 2010 that aims to explore the practical aspects of dealing with copyright within a library and information service.
Speakers: June Hedges, Peter Williams, Katie Hambrook, Rowan Wilson.
The key objectives of the day are:
• To learn about the practical aspects of running a course pack/scanning service and of using the CLA licence
• To explore the CLA’s audit process from the point of view of a library and information service
• To identify and examine some of the common issues and themes facing staff dealing with copyright
• To learn about the practical aspects of dealing with images and of using the DACS licence
• To explore some of the issues around recording and distributing lectures and podcasts
• To exchange experience on dealing with copyright within a library and information service
The seminar will draw on the experience of fellow information professionals who are actively involved in the practical operation and delivery of copyright-related services. Participants will have the opportunity to explore some of the issues and ideas that arise in the delivery of copyright-related services, and to exchange experience and best practice.
9.30 – 10.00: Arrival and Coffee
10.00 – 10.15: Welcome and introduction
10.15 – 10.45: Session 1: June Hedges, University College London
Running a service – printed course packs, scanning for VLEs, and the CLA licence
10.45 – 11.15: Session 2: Peter Williams, City University
Being audited by the CLA – what’s it like?
11.15 – 11.45: Coffee
11.45 – 12.15: Session 3: Breakout Sessions
12.15 – 12.30: Feedback from Breakout Sessions
12.30 – 13.45: Lunch
13.45 – 14.15: Session 4: Katie Hambrook, Oxford Brookes University
Dealing with images – copyright issues, images and VLEs, and the DACs licence
14.15 -14.45: Session 5: Rowan Wilson, Oxford University Computing Services
Recording and distributing lectures and podcasts – what are the issues?
14.45 – 15.15: Tea
15.15 – 15.45: Session 6: Panel Q&A
15.45 – 16.00: Closing remarks.
Venue: Room MAL 416, Birkbeck College, University of London, http://www.bbk.ac.uk/maps
Please note that there are limited places available for this event.
To book a place please use our online booking form or email the administrator via firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: £75 for CPD25 members and £90 for other institutions.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.