Supporting Our Users: Current Trends In Academic Liaison And Outreach (Professional Qualifications Series) [Event Ref. No. TG1/QSJUL]
Please note that this event is also advertised in the ‘Professional Qualifications Support Workshops’ section of our events calendar.
cpd25’s programme of ten two-hour workshops is devised primarily to support CILIP Chartership and ACLIP candidates. However, many of the events in the programme are highly relevant to staff working as Library Assistants, Senior Library Assistants and so on. The events are aimed, therefore, at all levels of library staff – who may or may not be seeking Certification or Chartership, but who wish to further their professional skills and development.
Places are available on the whole series (£150 for cpd25 members, £200 for external organisations) or individual events (£28 for cpd25 members, £48 otherwise).
Speaker: Liz Davis (Imperial)
This workshop uses a mixture of talks and discussions to explore the various aspects of liaison in academic libraries. By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
1. Appreciate the importance of academic liaison and outreach
2. Identify different techniques for building links with staff and
students and for ensuring effective liaison.
3. Characterise the knowledge and skills needed for effective
liaison in the 21st Century academic library.
1. Why do we need to liaise?
2. How libraries manage their liaison activities
3. Some liaison challenges and how to deal with them – discussion exercise
4. Ways of building links with staff and students
5. Current issues affecting HE/information services and implications for liaison
Followed by the ‘end of series’ drinks.
Venue: Room MAL 541, Birkbeck College, University of London; Website: http://www.bbk.ac.uk/maps
Please note that there are limited places available for this event.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.
To book please use our online booking form or email the administrator via firstname.lastname@example.org