Supporting Our Users: Current Trends in Academic Liaison and Outreach
cpd25’s programme of ten two-hour workshops was devised primarily to support CILIP Chartership and ACLIP candidates. However, many of the events in the programme are highly relevant to staff working as Library Assistants, Senior Library Assistants and so on. The events are aimed, therefore, at all levels of library staff – who may or may not be seeking Certification or Chartership, but who wish to further their professional skills and development.
Places are available on the whole series (£140 for cpd25 members, £190 for external organisations) or individual events (£25 for cpd25, £45 otherwise).
Supporting our users: current trends in academic liaison and outreach
Speaker: Liz Davis (Imperial)
This workshop uses a mixture of talks and discussions to explore the various aspects of liaison in academic libraries. By the end of the session, participants will be able to
1. Appreciate the importance of academic liaison and outreach
2. Identify different techniques for building links with staff and
students and for ensuring effective liaison.
3. Characterise the knowledge and skills needed for effective
liaison in the 21st Century academic library.
1. Why do we need to liaise?
2. How libraries manage their liaison activities
3. Some liaison challenges and how to deal with them – discussion
4. Ways of building links with staff and students
5. Current issues affecting HE / information services and
implications for liaison
Venue: R541, Birkbeck, Malet St. building
Followed by the ‘end of series’ drinks
To book a place on this event please either complete our online booking form, or contact the cpd25 Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org