Date(s) - 25/10/2007
[B]cpd25 Reflective Practice
– 1.30pm – 4.45pm[/B]
1. Understanding what is meant by reflective practice/learning.
2. Knowledge of the basic conditions required for reflective practice to take place.
3. Knowledge of the range of techniques available for instituting reflective practice, with some strategies for implementation.
Ash Charlton. Ash also runs our popular Emotional Intelligence and Negotiation Skills workshops.
Registration and refreshments: 1.30
Session 1: 1.45 – 3.00
• Introductions, housekeeping, expectations, ground rules
• Presentation: Reflective Practice: definition and uses
• Pair work: times when RP was used
• Debrief: necessary conditions
• 121 demonstration: how to maximize reflection
• Debrief of demonstration
Tea break: 3.00 – 3.15
Session 2: 3.15 – 4.45
• Presentation/discussion: methods for implementing RP
• Case study exercise: which is appropriate
• Debrief of techniques
Venue: Room 633, Birkbeck.
Cost is £55 for cpd25 members and £80 for other institutions, including refreshments.
Please note there are limited places available for this event. Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ the full fee will be charged.
Please book online at www.cpd25.ac.uk/booking, or contact Suzy Ball email@example.com