Professional Registration Workshops: Supporting Our Users – Current Trends In Academic Liaison And Outreach [Event Ref. No. TG1/PRWMAY1]
cpd25′s programme of nine two-hour workshops is devised primarily to support CILIP Chartership and ACLIP candidates. However, many of the events in the programme are highly relevant to staff working as Library Assistants, Senior Library Assistants and so on. The events are aimed, therefore, at all levels of library staff – who may or may not be seeking Certification or Chartership, but who wish to further their professional skills and development.
Speakers: Clare Crowley, Information Specialist: Medicine, Research & Learning Liaison team, Library Services, King’s College London and Graeme Lockheart, Information Specialist: Arts and Humanities, Research & Learning Liaison team, Library Services, King’s College London.
This workshop uses a mixture of talks and discussions to explore the various aspects of liaison in academic libraries. By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
1. Appreciate the importance of academic liaison and outreach
2. Identify different techniques for building links with staff and students and for ensuring effective liaison
3. Characterise the knowledge and skills needed for effective liaison in the 21st Century academic library.
1. Why do we need to liaise?
2. How libraries manage their liaison activities
3. Some liaison challenges and how to deal with them – discussion exercise
4. Ways of building links with staff and students
5. Current issues affecting HE/information services and implications for liaison.
Places are available on either the whole series (£200 for cpd25 members, £300 for external organisations) or for individual workshops (£50 for cpd25 members, £75 otherwise).
Venue: The Franklin Wilkins Library Meeting Room (Room no 2.108), Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street (near Waterloo), Kings College London. The Library entrance is on the 1st floor and the room itself is on the 2nd floor inside the library: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/campuslife/campuses/download/StrandMaughanWaterloolocation.pdf, http://www.kcl.ac.uk/campuslife/campuses/download/2013/Waterloo-detail-map.pdf
Please note that there are limited places available for this event.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.
To book please use our online booking form or email the administrator via email@example.com