New to Management [TG4/NM]
Date(s) - 10/02/2021 - 11/02/2021
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
If you have never managed staff before it can seem overwhelming. How do you set workloads, delegate effectively, motivate staff and monitor work, just for starters? And how do you delegate effectively and empower staff? New managers need a framework to work within. We clarify what is/is not your responsibility, and provide guidelines for empowering support/supervision sessions give this framework. We look at delivering feedback and delegating within this for maximum staff empowerment.
Wednesday 10 February, 10.30am-12pm
A Framework for Managers
- Intros: Worries about management
- Group work: Manager/Staff responsibilities
- Debrief: clear roles and boundaries
- Chat: using supervision
- Talk: Supervision agenda
- Group work: before/after supervision
- Chat: setting up supervision
This session provides the basic framework for new managers. After a round of introductions, we clarify managerial and worker responsibilities and discuss the their implications. We then consider regular support/supervision sessions as the most effective way to deliver your side of the bargain, and look at how best to organise these. Finally, we look at how to introduce this way of working into your existing workplace, especially if you are establishing yourself as a new manager.
Thursday 11 February 10.30am-12pm
Feedback & Delegation
- Group: rules of feedback exercise: criticism
- Chat: when/how to deliver feedback
- Talk: Problems & use of praise/finding virtue
- Chat: what goes wrong with delegation
- Talk: principles of empowerment
- Group: empowering each delegation stage
- Principles of empowerment
This session develops skills to use within the suggested framework. We start with how to make criticism constructive and useful, then look at how to do the same with praise and appreciation, including the empowering approach of ‘finding virtue’. This is developed in a discussion of what can go wrong in the 4 stages of delegation, and how to do each of these in as empowering a way as possible. The session ends with a general discussion of how to empower staff and teams.
Information for joining:
- This session is virtual and will run via Zoom. Once your booking has been confirmed, joining instructions will be emailed the day before the event.
- The trainer is Ash Charlton –https://www.acetrainingcourses.co.uk/
- Electronic CPD attendance certificates can be provided on request. Please request via firstname.lastname@example.org
£63.00 for other institutions.
This course will be run over two mornings, each lasting 90 minutes. Fees cover the cost of attending both dates.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.
To book a place please use our online booking form. Please remember to include your PO number as bookings cannot be confirmed without this.Booking form for M25 Members Booking form for non-Members