Moving Beyond Management: Lessons For Aspiring Leaders – Day 2 [Event Ref. No. TG4/MBM]
Moving Beyond Management: Lessons for Aspiring Leaders
Cpd25 is delighted to offer this original opportunity to staff already in a management role. This programme of three full-day sessions is aimed at managers with some experience, who are looking to develop their skills with a view to moving into a more senior role.
The sessions will address challenges within the Higher Education environment and will include:
• Exploring the difference between leadership and management
• Cultivating a strategic approach
• Developing skills and self-confidence in challenging situations
• Looking at future careers possibilities and how to maintain our personal and professional development.
The sessions will be facilitated by Beryl Morris, a very popular cpd25 trainer.
The three sessions are:
Session 1: Moving Beyond Management: Wednesday, 2nd February 2011
• Welcome and introductions; Defining and refining the agenda
• Leadership or management: Defining the difference; Practical exercise and discussion; Leadership timeline
• Tough times: Identifying the challenges
• Understanding the big picture: The importance of strategic thinking; Guest speaker and practical work
• Leadership toolkit
• ‘Homework’ for day 2 and action planning.
Session 2: When the wind blows … : Tuesday, 15th February 2011
• Welcome back and recap
• You have inherited a challenge: Case study; Taking a positive approach to negative situations
• Building resilience in an increasingly turbulent world; Guest speaker and discussion
• Acting as a catalyst for change: Practical work and discussion
• Bouncing back; Practical work on developing our own resilience
• ‘Homework’ for day 3 and action planning.
Session 3: Focus on the Future – Leading for performance and potential: Tuesday, 8th March 2011
• Welcome back and recap
• Managing performance and potential; Case study and discussion
• Achieving results through others; Practical work on raising our profile and influencing others
• Looking to the future: Maintaining our skills and self confidence; Finding sources of personal and professional development
• What next? Action planning
• Action planning and end of programme.
Venue: Room B211, Brunei Gallery at SOAS: http://www.soas.ac.uk/visitors/location/
Please note that places are limited and that no more than two people per organisation are able to attend in order to keep the balance of the programme as open as possible.
To book a place please use our online booking form or email the administrator via email@example.com
Cost: £375 for cpd25 members and £400 for other institutions.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.