Marketing Yourself: Transferable Skills [Event Ref. No. TG4/MKTR]
These times of change and uncertainty for us all offer a good opportunity to think more about the life skills we have learnt and to consider how to use them to further career prospects and choices, whether we remain in our current organisation or move to a new organisation or a different sector.
Erica Sosna (Director of ‘The Life Project’, a life skills education provider), has developed this bespoke course to enable library staff to identify talents and explore their career opportunities in the light of these skills and talents.
Aimed at staff from all areas and grades of library work, the course offers a new outlook for individuals to take forward when considering their professional aspirations.
By the end of the day participants will have:
* Used lateral thinking to review their skills
* Explored how their interests and hobbies demonstrate a varied skill set
* Worked with each other to explore new opportunities to use these skills and
* Developed a personal plan of action to move forward.
* A personalised skill set review process – to identify and name your transferable skills
* Creative career exploration techniques
* A specific and focussed goal and statement of intent
* Simple, effective project and action planning tools that can be used for both work and life.
Room G15, Birkbeck College, University of London, http://www.bbk.ac.uk/maps
10:00-10:25: Welcome & Introduction
10:25 –11.00: Skill Set Review Process – using the Venn Diagram to map your skills
11.25-12.00: Creative Combining
12.00-12.20: Group Review and Reflection
12.20-12.50: Developing a mission statement
13.35-14.20: Action planning tools – GANTT charts, flow diagrams and action plans
14:25-15.00: Individual action planning.
Please note that there are limited places available for this event.
To book a place please use our online booking form or email the administrator via email@example.com
Cost: Cost: £120 for CPD25 members and £180 for other institutions.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.