Management Development Programme 3 – Change Management
cpd25 Management Development Programme
23rd March 2007, 9.30am to 4.30pm
RCOG – Room U4/5:
Presenter: Stuart Hunt,
Stuart Hunt Ltd
Who should attend?
Senior and middle managers in leadership roles
What will you learn?
Effective change initiatives engage staff and encourage everyone to take an active role in the design and deployment of the transition, and to do this with a sense of serious purpose and urgency. The day will enable managers and leaders from across the University to reflect on and to decide on their collective and individual roles in enhancing the way the institution works with change.
The day is intended to help participants:
• develop an approach to change that is essentially creative, optimistic and collaborative, and that recognises change as the only constant;
• clarify the current situation within the University, the degree to which there exists a shared vision, and to share concerns and aspirations they may have;
• begin a process that will make explicit the values and behaviours, the culture, that will underpin the activities of the University;
• consider how best they can support their colleagues to engage and to create their own future, through a hundred small interventions.
Content The programme will address some key themes relating to change:
• Change as a constant – chaos and the complex adaptive organism
• The role of leadership – vision, direction, energy, facilitation, persistence, reward and feedback
• Change ‘management’ as myth – the power of influence: values, behaviours and culture
• Continuous improvement as a way of doing business
• Appreciative enquiry or problem solving?
Booking is available for the whole series of 5 full day Management Development events, at a special rate of £500 for cpd25 members.
Individual events can be booked at a cost of £115.
External organisations should contact Dave Puplett: email@example.com for a booking information.
Please note that there are limited places available for this event. Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.
Please book online at www.cpd25.ac.uk/booking, or by contacting Dave Puplett: firstname.lastname@example.org