Management Development Programme 1 – Strategic Leadership and Planning
Management Development Programme:
Strategic Leadership & Planning
5th December 2006, 9.30am to 5.00pm
LSE Library Conference Room
Presenter: Susan Chadwick,
Developing People At Work Limited
Who should attend?
Senior and middle managers in leadership roles
What will you learn?
Understanding strategic leadership and how to develop effective skills. Giving direction through planning.
• Differences between ‘leadership’ and ‘management’
• What distinguishes the effective strategic leader
• The challenges of leadership within HE
• Styles of leadership – balancing conflicting demands; choosing the most appropriate style
• Having a vision and giving direction
• Planning to give direction
• Approach to short, long-term and ‘whole picture’ planning
Booking is available for the whole series of 5 full day Management Development events, at a special rate of £500 for cpd25 members.
Individual events can be booked at a cost of £115.
External organisations should contact Dave Puplett: firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking information.
Please note that there are limited places available for this event. Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.
Please book online at www.cpd25.ac.uk/booking, or by contacting Dave Puplett: email@example.com