M25 2012 Annual Conference: Bricks & Bytes: Blending Virtual & Physical Space
The M25 2012 Annual Conference will be held at Ravensbourne’s newly built and stunning campus, next to the O2 in London on Thursday 19th April. The Conference is very much open to all M25 member institutions and, we hope, of interest to non-M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries members.
The theme is Bricks and Bytes: blending virtual and physical space with presentations on educational and technological developments and on designing Library spaces for students and researchers.
Tours of Ravensbourne will also be available, a building with an innovative open plan design and winner of a 2011 RIBA Award for London, and there will be time for networking and exchanging ideas.
9:30 to 10:30: Registration and Coffee
Please note the AGM (for M25 Representatives only) will take place from 9:45am to 10:45am at Ravensbourne.
10:30: Chair’s Welcome
10:40: The Keynote Address by Professor Anthony Smith, Vice-Provost (Education), UCL.
11:10 to 11:30: Coffee Break
11:30 to 12:30:
• From Bricks and Mortar Boards to Conversational Learning Networks, Dr Lizzie Jackson, Academic Development Manager at Ravensbourne College
• Future Research Spaces, Louise Doolan, Reference Services Manager, The British Library
12:30 to 1:30: Lunch Break
12:30pm to 1:30pm – Tours of Ravensbourne Library and Building
1:30 to 2:45:
• RLUK Affordable Subscriptions for Periodicals Initiative, Phil Sykes, Chair RLUK and University of Liverpool Librarian
• E-books: the JISC perspective, Anna Vernon, E-Books for FE Project Manager/Licensing Manager, JISC Collections
• M25/MLAG, Rupert Williams, Head of Science Museum Library and Archives and MLAG Chair
• SEARCH25, Graham Seaman, SEARCH25 Developer
2:45 to 3:15: Shared Experiences Breakout Sessions over a Coffee Break
3:15 to 4:15: Designing Library Space
• Emma Bull, Director of Library Services, Queen Mary College
• Ann Cummings, Library Services Director, Brunel University
• Elaine Cooper, Drill Hall Library Manager, Universities at Medway with Virginia Malone, Campus Information Services Manager, University of Greenwich
16:15 to 16:45: Additional Tour of Ravensbourne Library and Building
Venue: The Walker Room, Ravensbourne, Greenwich Peninsula, 6 Penrose Way, London SE10 0EW. For more information on Ravensbourne and its location please see www.rave.ac.uk .
To book a place please use our online booking form or email the administrator via email@example.com
There is one FREE place per M25 member institution (for Director or nominated representative).
Additional places for M25 members and non-M25 members are at a nominal fee of only £50 (VAT is not applicable) which includes lunch and refreshments.
Please note, cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.