Influencing and Persuading [Event Ref. No. TG4/IP]
Date(s) - 03/03/2011
This one-day course will enable participants to increase their level of influence within their organisations. It is aimed at managers who are already competent communicators, but who have had little or no training in influencing.
Facilitated by LEVELheaded, this is a highly participative course and those attending will be asked to come ready to work on an upcoming situation where they will need to exert influence over a group or an individual within their organisation.
* Please note that due to the amount of material to be covered during the day this course will start at 9.30am promptly, with registration, tea, coffee & biscuits available from 9am *
The course will be tailored to participants and a pre-course questionnaire will be issued to everyone taking part to maximise the benefit of the event.
Potential areas covered can include how to:
• Define influencing and different levels of influencing
• Set clear goals and identify targets to achieve those goals
• Understand your target’s perspective
• Use the 6 principles of influence to your advantage
• Decide whether to use direct or peripheral, push or pull influence in a situation
• Plan an influential change process within your organisation
• Use a range of influencing techniques to exert influence in various situations.
Venue: The Hardy Room at the London Mathematical Society, Russell Square; Website: www.lms.ac.uk
Please note that there are limited places available for this event.
To book a place please use our online booking form or email the administrator via firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: £195 for CPD25 members and £225 for other institutions.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.