Talking Globally: the challenges of strategic planning and service delivery in the 21st Century [Ref. No. TG4/GLOBE]
Date(s) - 02/11/2017
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Woburn House Conference Centre
The current HE landscape is ever shifting and uncertain terrain for Library professionals. How are middle and senior managers dealing with the challenging terrain? How are all levels of library staff navigating their CPD progression as well as meeting the needs of their users in the light of post Brexit HE realities? Furthermore what can we learn from case studies of international colleagues who are facing similar and dissimilar professional challenges but from whom we may learn useful strategies of keeping ahead of the curve?
This workshop is for you if you want to hear and engage in a discussion of:
- How library professionals are future proofing their management to meet demands of institutional strategy in light of sector challenges
- How library professional are working to meet the service needs of a diverse user cohort
- How library professionals are reinforcing the resilience and professionalism of their staff
- Dr Tariq Ashraf, University of New Delhi
- David Puplett, Manager Drill Hall Library
- Moipone Qhomane-Goliath, Acting Executive Director, University of Johannesburg
- Leo Appleton, Director of Library Services Goldsmiths
Full programme to be confirmed.
Venue: Woburn house Conference Centre, 20 Tavistock Square, WC1H 9HQ
Cost: £70 for members and £95 for other institutions.
To book a place please use our online booking form.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.