This event is now FULLY BOOKED
Venue: London Mathematical Society
Feedback from previous participants:“It gave a lot of good ideas, well presented and food for thought and some changes in behaviour.
“Ash was an excellent presenter – with a good mix of theory and examples.
“I would recommend others to attend the session if it were being run again”.
Emotional Intelligence: “The wider range of qualities which enable people to excel; self-awareness, impulse control, persistence, empathy, etc. (Daniel Goleman, Emotional Intelligence)
This full day session will explore Emotional Intelligence so that participants are able to recognise their own abilities and use them constructively in their day to day roles.
Morning 1: 10.00 – 11.20
• Introductions, housekeeping, expectations, ground rules
• Listening debrief
• Emotional stupidity: pair work/examples
• Emotional intelligence: group work – post it qualities
• Presentation: EI what it is – 5 qualities
• Allocation exercise
• 1: Knowing+recognising emotion: 7 main emotional states
• Discussion: how to recognise own feelings: methods
Coffee break 11.20 – 11.40
Morning 2: 11.40 – 1.00
• Controlling negativity: pair work – recurrent negative events
• Kim’s day exercise
• Debrief: good and bad days
• Principles of cognitive restructuring: reality checking, letting go etc.
• Pair work: examining negative events
Lunch break 1.00 – 2.00
Afternoon 1: 2.00 – 3.00
• Feedback exercise: bad news
• Dealing with strong emotion: self and others
Tea break 3.00 – 3.20
Afternoon 2: 3.20 – 4.30
• Conflict scenarios: examples from life
• The G formula
• Using the G formula for interpersonal patterns
• Conflict case studies: techniques for managing disputes
4.30: COURSE ENDS
1. Understanding of what is meant by emotional intelligence, and finding personal EQ strengths and weaknesses.
2. Controlling negative thinking, maintaining optimism and positive outlook: cognitive restructuring and letting go.
3. Skills in managing communication and conflict including handling anger (own and others) and recognising non-verbal signs.
The workshop will aim to build up interpersonal skills that can be brought to conflict scenarios, and develop ways to use emotional understanding of others to get “win/win” results.
The workshop will also help participants recognise anger, both their own and others, and ways of using this intelligently and assertively to create a positive outcome.
This event will be totally interactive and participants should be prepared to be involved in discussion and problem solving activities.
The cost for cpd25 members is £90 for this all day session. For non members the price is £130. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
To add your name to the waiting list for this FULLY BOOKED event please complete the online booking form
or email Suzy Ball email@example.com
Please note that there are limited places available for this event. Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged