Digital capabilities for supervisors & managers [TG4/digi mgr]
Date(s) - 04/11/2021
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Twitter: @cpd25_M25 #cpd25
Digital capabilities have become increasingly vital to library front line roles. But in day-to-day work, it can be difficult to find the time to reflect on how our digital skills have developed, and what we might be able to do to keep them relevant. It’s important to do this so that digital technology supports us, rather than being an obstacle.
This practical workshop will focus on how you can support your front-line team to develop their digital capabilities in today’s changing environment. We’ll also look at some ways you can use digital tools and techniques to enhance your own working practices and digital wellbeing.
- Reflect on the changing environment for front line services and the impact of this on the staff you supervise or manage
- Identify what you can do to support your staff to develop their skills and increase their confidence
- Discover some tools and techniques for increasing digital productivity and enhance wellbeing
- Share practice with your peers
Scott Hibberson, Subject specialist – digital practice (online learning), Jisc
Lis Parcell, Subject specialist – digital practice (library and learning resources services), Jisc
Scott and Lis between them have extensive experience of working with university and college staff on digital capabilities, and on supporting library and learning resources services. Both are accredited by the Learning and Performance Institute as live online learning facilitators and their workshops are designed to be engaging, enjoyable and practical.
Information for joining:
- This session is virtual and will run via Zoom. Once your booking has been confirmed, joining instructions will be emailed the day before the event.
- Electronic CPD attendance certificates can be provided on request. Please request via email@example.com
£50.00 for non-member institutions.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.
To book a place please use our online booking form. Please remember to include your PO number as bookings cannot be confirmed without this.
Booking form for M25 Members Booking form for non-Members