Digital capabilities for front-line library staff [TG4/digi front-line]
Date(s) - 04/11/2021
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Twitter: @cpd25_M25 #cpd25
Digital capabilities have become increasingly vital to library front line roles. But in day-to-day work, it can be difficult to find the time to reflect on how our digital skills have developed, and what we might be able to do to keep them relevant. It’s important to do this so that digital technology supports us, rather than being an obstacle.
This practical workshop will provide opportunities to look at how roles and needs are evolving. We will take time to reflect on the strengths we have, then go on to consider skills that we might want to develop further. Whatever your level of experience, the workshop will provide a space to build confidence and share tips, with the primary focus on maintaining and developing digital wellbeing.
- Reflect on the range of digital capabilities needed for front line staff
- Consider what internal guidance is available to support you
- Build in opportunities to network with peers and share expertise
Scott Hibberson, Subject specialist – digital practice (online learning), Jisc
Lis Parcell, Subject specialist – digital practice (library and learning resources services), Jisc
Scott and Lis between them have extensive experience of working with university and college staff on digital capabilities, and on supporting library and learning resources services. Both are accredited by the Learning and Performance Institute as live online learning facilitators and their workshops are designed to be engaging, enjoyable and practical.
Information for joining:
- This session is virtual and will run via Zoom. Once your booking has been confirmed, joining instructions will be emailed the day before the event.
- Electronic CPD attendance certificates can be provided on request. Please request via firstname.lastname@example.org
£50.00 for non-member institutions.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.
To book a place please use our online booking form. Please remember to include your PO number as bookings cannot be confirmed without this.