Difficult Managerial Issues: General Problems & Approach [TG4/DMI GEN]
Difficult Managerial Issues:
General Problems and Approach
- Understanding how sanctions work and how they can be countered
- Knowing general principles and practice for dealing with these issues
- Understanding a good model (the 2-track approach) for maintaining boundaries while handling difficult management issues
- Intros: impact of difficult issues
- Talk: attacks and defences
- Group work: general principles
- Talk: the 2-track approach
We start with some quick intros in which we share some of the problems and impacts of issues like sickness, absence and poor performance. We then go on to look at standard sanctions, how they work, and how they can be countered. This leads into agreement on good general principles for dealing with all difficult issues, which are codified in the 2-track approach.
This session is an element of the Difficult Managerial Issues course. To ensure that they work effectively online and provide flexibility, they are being delivered as four standalone events. You may book one, or a combination, depending on your requirements. Each session will include a short recap of the previous, to pull them together as a series for those who choose to book all four.
Information for joining:
- This session is virtual and will run via Zoom. Once your booking has been confirmed, joining instructions will be emailed the day before the event.
- The trainer is Ash Charlton –https://www.acetrainingcourses.co.uk/
£35.00 for other institutions.
If an individual books onto more than one session in the Difficult Managerial Issues series, a 10% discount will be applied.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.
To book a place please use our online booking form. Please remember to include your PO number as bookings cannot be confirmed without this.