Copyright Essentials [TG2/Copyright]
This fundamental course is perfect for anybody who needs an introduction to the basic copyright principles and/or is reproducing, creating, sharing, publishing, commissioning or digitising content. This session will help you to understand how you can protect and use your rights, as well as on what basis you can use content created by others.
Other forms of intellectual property will also be briefly outlined.
Benefits of attending:
· Understand the basic principles of copyright
· Identify what types of work are protected by copyright and for how long
· Consider authorship and ownership issues associated with different types of works
· Be guided to content you can use for free
· Ask the trainer questions around key related topic
Naomi Korn is one of UK’s leading experts in copyright, data protection and licensing. Since 2003 she has supported the cultural, heritage, charity, education and private sectors on rights management and rights exploitation.
Naomi Korn is currently a part-time PhD student at the University of Edinburgh analysing the impact of Brexit on the management of orphan works.
Naomi has chaired and created the programme for the annual CILIP Copyright Conference since 2011. She co-authored Information Law: Compliance for Librarians, Information Professionals and Knowledge Managers. Published in 2020 by Facet Publishing, it is based on the compliance methodology which she created. In 2020, Naomi was awarded the prestigious CILIP K&IM Walford Award for her outstanding contribution to knowledge and information management.
Naomi is a visiting lecturer at University College London, York University, Kingston University Business School and City University. She is currently a lecturer on the new MA in Curating Art and Public Programmes run by the Whitechapel Art Gallery and London South Bank University. Naomi is a PhD Affiliate at the Centre for Data, Culture and Society, the University of Edinburgh, where she is also a workshop leader
Information for joining:
- This session is virtual and will run via Zoom. Once your booking has been confirmed, joining instructions will be emailed the day before the event.
- The trainer is Naomi Korn – Naomi Korn — Naomi Korn Associates
- Electronic CPD attendance certificates can be provided on request. Please request via firstname.lastname@example.org
£90.00 for other institutions.
This course will be run over two afternoons, each lasting 3 hours. Fees cover the cost of attending both dates.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.
To book a place, please use our online booking form, including a purchase order number.