Coaching Skills [Event Ref. No. TG4/CS]
This workshop aims to enable managers and supervisors to develop a coaching style during one-to-one sessions and also to adopt a coaching approach where necessary and effective.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Define coaching and distinguish coaching from mentoring, buddying and training
• List the benefits of coaching
• State the four levels of competence and identify the differing actions required of a coach at each stage
• Support the coachee to learn and develop through the use of Kolb’s Learning Cycle
• Explain the different roles a coach need to take at a different time
• Listen and question effectively during coaching
• Use the STEER and GROW coaching models
• Deliver a one-to-one coaching session.
This will be a highly interactive day and participants will be asked to share their own experiences during the workshop and relate them to the present. The workshop will be a combination of large and small group discussion linked to exercises and practice.
* Participants will be asked to come prepared with a subject matter that they are willing to divulge and be coached through *
The day will be facilitated by Sean Murphy of LEVELheaded, an organisation which has run several successful courses in the past for cpd25.
09.30-10.00: Registration and refreshments
Session 1: Introductions and objectives
Session 2: The Coaching Context
Session 3: Coaching and developing others
Session 4: Coaching Toolbox
Session 5: Coaching Models
Venue: The Cayley Room at the London Mathematical Society, 57-58 Russell Square, London WC1B 4HS; Website: www.lms.ac.uk
Please note that there are limited places available for this event.
To book a place please use our online booking form or email the administrator via email@example.com
Cost: £195 for cpd25 members and £295 for other institutions.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.