ASPECTS 6: Financial Planning [TG1/ASPECTS6_FinPlan]
Date(s) - 26/03/2019
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This workshop is part of the cpd25 Aspects programme, aimed at library staff looking to acquire additional skills and knowledge or staff working towards Chartership.
Introduction to Financial Planning
The aim of this session is to understand the importance of sound financial management, sources of funding and the factors which influence financial decision making.
With a mixture of presentations, discussion and practical budget planning exercises using Excel, we will be addressing topics such as the importance of Financial Planning, Budget Planning, ‘The Budget Cycle,’ Budget Preparation and Allocation and Financial Control.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
* Understand both the institutional and the library strategic planning context.
* Appreciate the stages of the budget planning cycle.
* Understand how to allocate funds to resources and services within budget constraints.
* Understand how to use budget modelling to make staffing changes within financial constraints.
* Understand the main elements of financial control.
This is an interactive workshop with a range of group activities. No financial skills are required, but an ability to use simple Excel spreadsheets will be helpful.
Tristan Clayton – Business Support Manager, Library Services, King’s College London
£75.00 for other institutions.
Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.
To book a place please use our online booking form.
Online Booking Form