Applying to study library and information science courses
Date(s) - 01/11/2006
cpd25 – Applying to study library and information science…and beyond
1st November 2006, 10.30-4.30pm
B04 Lecture Theatre
43 Gordon Square: Map http://www.snipurl.com/w22o
This is an invaluable event aimed at graduate trainees and anyone who is considering applying for LIS courses, whether full or part-time. The day will include presentations from representatives of CILIP, two UK library schools, a recent LIS graduate, and a head of service.
CPD25 are pleased to have the following speakers:
• Marion Huckle (Head of Qualifications and Professional Development, CILIP)
• Professor Sheila Corrall (Professor of Librarianship & Information Management and Head of Library Management & Public Policy Research Area, Department of Information Studies, University of Sheffield)
• Vanda Broughton (Lecturer in Library & Information Studies & Departmental Tutor, School of Library Archive & Information Studies, University College London)
• Christopher Pressler (Dean of Information and Learning, Dartington College of Arts)
• Dave Puplett (CPD25 Administrator)
10.30 Registration and coffee
11.00 Welcome followed by Marion Huckle
11.45 Vanda Broughton
12.30 Dave Puplett
14.00 Sheila Corrall
14.45 Christopher Pressler
15.45 Plenary session
Booking is available to cpd25 members at £35 per person. The fee for non members is £55.
Please note that there are limited places available for this event. Cancellations less than one week before the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. In the event of a ‘no-show’ on the day, the full fee will be charged.
Please book online at www.cpd25.ac.uk/booking, or by contacting Dave Puplett: email@example.com