News Archive

Note: The following minutes are unapproved and will be formally agreed at the next meeting of the Steering Group.

Minutes of the meeting held at Central School of Speech & Drama on Wednesday 11th July 2012

Present: Angus Brown (AB), Erin Caseley (EC), Louise Doolan (LD), John Gilby (JG), Kitty Inglis (KI), Sandy Leitch (SL), Caroline Lloyd (CL), Antony Loveland (AL), Nikki Randall (NR), Martin Scarrott (MS), John Tuck (JT), Cathy Walsh (CW), Rupert Williams (RW),

1.    Welcome and any apologies:

Apologies from Bethan Adams (BA) & Michelle Wake (MW).

The Consortium welcomed new Steering Group members: Erin Caseley, Martin Scarrott, Cathy Walsh and Rupert Williams.

2.    Minutes of the last SG meeting

2.1 Approval of minutes: 
The minutes from the SG meeting held on 6th March 2012 were agreed as a true record provided the following amendment is made:

Action Item 9.1 should read: AB to take over from Anne Murphy as the M25 Representative on the Inspire Management Board.

Actions: 2.1 NR to amend the minutes from 6th March 2012. Action Item 9.1 should read: AB to take over from Anne Murphy as the M25 Representative on the Inspire Management Board.

2.2 Review Actions: 
All action items that arose from the 6th March SG meeting have been completed and/or they are listed as an agenda item to be discussed at this meeting.

2.3 Matters arising: WATER Project 
JT has agreed to contact Matthew Brooke about the WATER (Walk-in Access to E-Resources) project event. [Post meeting note: JT sent an email to all Directors inviting colleagues to participate in a regional community workshop run by the WATER project team with support from the M25 Consortium. The event will be held at Birkbeck College on Thursday 25th October, commencing at 12.30pm (with lunch available from 12.00pm) and finishing by 4:30pm. Two staff members from each institution have been invited to attend. RSVP’s should be sent to m25sgadmin@lse.ac.uk].

3.    Chair’s Update: Consortium Strategy 2012/13

JT presented a strategy document which sets out the key Consortium projects proposed for 2012/13. The priorities listed in the strategy document are arranged in the order of the Strategic Plan 2010/11 – 2012/13, the main headings of which are:

1. Supporting Our Staff to Develop and Deliver Services
2. Shared Services and Collaboration in Support of Learning and Research
3. Looking Outwards: Influences and Partnerships
4. Efficiency and Effectiveness: Activities that Support Our Work

The Steering Group considered the strategy document and agreed that it should form part of the documentation to be made available at the November 2012 Strategy Planning event, together with the full strategic plan for 2010/11 – 2012/13.

Actions: 3. JT to finalise the Consortium Strategy: Key projects 2012/13 document for the November Strategy event. This document should be distributed, with the full strategic plan 2010/2011 – 2012/2013 to the M25 Representatives prior to the strategy planning day. 

4.    Task and Finish group summary and update

SL provided an overview of the M25 Consortium model of Task and Finish Groups (T&FG). The aim of the T&FG is to clearly identify a set of outcomes for an area of work and to develop an action plan for completion within a specified time period. The remit of each T&FG should be presented to the first Steering Group (SG) meeting of each year in September. The aims for each Group and its membership should be published on the Consortium website in current activities, e.g. http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/current_activities/15.html and include, broad aims, membership and contact details.

The Steering Group agreed that the following T&FG’s should have their remits, deliverables and membership lists posted on the M25 website by 14th September 2012:

Task and Finish Group Steering Group Champion
Directors’ Development Kitty Inglis
Membership Benefits

(This will include providing marketing support/promotional material for the 20th Anniversary Celebrations & assisting with marketing/promotion of the access scheme).

Ann Cummings
Customer Services Group Erin Caseley
E-Books (although this has now been superseded by  EBASS25 Project Board – this needs to be reflected on the M25 Website) Rupert Williams
Information Handling Cathy Walsh
Search25 (Service Development Group) Martin Scarrott
Staff Room Louise Doolan

The Customer Services SG have identified a preference for the group to have a section of the M25 website to post materials/resources/content for all to access. The group will need to identify what is required and the potential impact on the support team.

The structure/format of the website listing the T&FGs, will be determined once all remits have been provided to the M25 Administrator.

20th Anniversary 
JT presented the ideas generated from a meeting held with former M25 chairs on the 20th Anniversary celebrations. The SG Agreed on the following:

  • Geographical Location: Central London, not a previous event location.
  • Venue: The venues listed in the notes from the meeting are good. Other potential venues include The Shard, Tower 42, Kensington Roof Gardens, Champagne Bar at St Pancras (although expensive).
  • Timing: The event should be held in June 2013.
  • Speakers: Other suggested potential speakers included Lord David Puttnam John Humphrys.
  • Pre-event: The SG agreed that a pre-event would be too expensive and that we should just focus on a really great venue for the main event.
  • Audience: M25 Directors plus 1 other member of their institution, Steering Group Members, Current Cpd25 Task Groups, M25 Task and Finish Groups, Past cpd25 Chairs, Past M25 Chairs, Former M25 Staff, SCONUL representatives, Cilip, representatives from other consortia/external bodies, etc. NR to start a list of potential attendees to distribute to SG members for their review.
  • Sponsorship: It was agreed that the M25 should approach high profile organisations/companies for sponsorship of this event. Ideas for sponsorship include: Guardian, THE, Google, Publishers, etc.
  • Take aways: These items need to be quite small and inexpensive and we prefer if this was not written given this is the digital age.

Actions:
4.1 All T&FG Steering Group Champions to provide a brief remit, a couple of deliverables for the year 12/13 and the membership list (with contact details) to NR by Friday 31st August 2012.
4.2 NR to provide the structure of how the T&FG’s will appear on the website to the M25 Steering Group prior to posting on the website. NR to aim to post all T&FG remits, deliverables and membership lists on the M25 Website by Friday 14th September 2012.
4.3 NR to catch up with EC to determine what level of admin support the Customer Services Group will require
4.4 JT to ask Jean Sykes if she knows the exact date of establishment of the Consortium.
4.5 AC to circulate ideas to the Steering Group about possible promotional take away items for the 20th Anniversary event.
4.6 SG Members to send JT their sponsorship, speaker, venue ideas for the 20th Anniversary party by 31st August 2012.
4.7 JT to revise paper in light of minute and actions above.

5.    Potential Institutional Members

AB and JG visited Regents College on 29 June 2012 following an expression of interest to join the M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries. The SG considered the request on the basis of information received. Attention was drawn to the lack of accessibility of catalogue records which is essential in terms of mutual accessibility and it was noted that Regents College is not a SCONUL member. It was agreed that SL, as Secretary to the Consortium, would contact Regents’ College and explain these concerns which prevent membership at this stage.

It was noted that other organisations/institutions that have recently expressed interest in M25 Membership include:

  • Cranfield University: JT and SL have spoken with Simon Bevan who will discuss potential membership with his management team and he will get back to us.
  • Guildhall Library: David Pearson has expressed an interest. AB is attending the Inspire meeting on 23rd July 2012 and will be able to follow up with David at this event. AB will report back to the SG following this catch up.
  • Bishopsgate: SL to follow up with Bishopsgate to re-engage their interest in potential membership.

Actions:
5.1 SL to reply to Regents College membership application.
5.2 AB to follow up with David Pearson about the potential membership of the Guildhall Library at the Inspire meeting. AB will report back to the SG following this catch up.
5.3 SL to follow up with Bishopsgate to re-engage their potential interest in M25 membership.
5.4 AB/SL to review, clarify and define the membership and associate membership criteria within the M25 Articles of Association.

6.     Strategic Partnerships

JT provided an updated list of Strategic Partnerships: M25 Consortium Engagement with Partners. The SG noted the following list:

Organisation(s) Nominees
British Library Louise Doolan
Other Regional Consortia:  
WHELF Sandy Leitch
NoWAL/Northern Collaboration Sandy Leitch
White Rose Consortium Sandy Leitch
SCURL/SHEDL (Scottish Confederation of University and Research Libraries/Scottish Higher Education Digital Library) Angus Brown
CONUL Angus Brown
AIM25 Martin Scarrott
Bloomsbury Colleges Caroline Lloyd
SCONUL Kitty Inglis
SCONUL: Shared Services John Tuck
SCONUL: Access/WATER Matthew Brooke
JISC/JISC Collections John Tuck
CERL Giles Mandelbrote
LIBER John Tuck
RLUK Robert Hall (to be confirmed)
1994 Group (Librarians) Kitty Inglis
NHS (London) Michelle Wake
CILIP Antony Loveland
Inspire Angus Brown
MLAG (Museum Librarians and Archivists Group) Rupert Williams

The SG also noted and accepted that the responsibility of the nominated Steering Group member is to:

a)    keep abreast of and share relevant developments with the respective partner organisation;
b)    draw attention to potential areas of collaboration;
c)    identify potential shared funding bid opportunities; and
d)    report back, as appropriate, to the Steering Group.

Ann Cummings noted that she would be attending the forthcoming NoWAL conference.

Actions: 6.  JT to ask RH if he would like to act as the RLUK link.

7.    November Networking Event

The November networking event will be held on Wednesday November 14th 2012 at the Wiener Library from 5:30pm to 8:30pm. This event might double as the launch for SEARCH25 but details have not been confirmed for this. [Post meeting note: NR sent a Save the Date email to all M25 Directors, M25 Steering Group members, cpd25 task group members, M25 T&FG members and Customer Services Group Steering Group members inviting them to attend the November Networking Event].

8.     Strategy for the M25 Operational Planning afternoon

JT presented a programme for the Consortium’s strategy planning afternoon in November and asked the SG to consider the areas where we need a steer from the consortium.

Date:         November 14th 2012.
Location:    London Mathematical Society
Time:         3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Participants:    All M25 Consortium Library Directors – Directors only, Steering Group members, Task and Finish Group leads, M25 Support Team.

Programme:   
3.00 – 3.15     Introduction, John Tuck, Aims and objectives of meeting:

  • to contribute to the definition of an M25 Consortium strategy for 2013/14 – 2015/16
  • sign off new Strategy at AGM in April 2013
  • brief overview of highlights/achievements/services in current strategic planning cycle

3.15 – 3.30     Tea/coffee/biscuits.
3.30 – 4.15     Divide participants into 4 Groups. Steering Group members to facilitate Groups. Each Group to consider its top five priorities for the M25 Consortium to undertake within the next three years.
4.15 – 4.35     Feedback from each Group
4.35 – 5.00     Summary/Next Steps

In advance of the meeting, the following documentation should be sent out to participants who sign up to attend:

  • 2010/11 – 2012/13 Strategy,
  • Operational plan 2012/13,
  • Annual report 2011/12 &
  • Budget statement.

Actions: 8. NR to send out the invitation to All M25 Consortium Library Directors (Directors only), Steering Group members, Task and Finish Group leads and the M25 Support Team by 31st August.

9.     E-BASS25: (E-Books Acquisition as a Shared Service in M25)

JT was pleased to announce that JISC had funded the E-BASS25 project as part of its Library Systems Programme and to the level of £39,426.30. The project will deliver a series of linked reports and guidelines which will form a navigation tool for consortia seeking to embark on collaborative purchasing of e-books with particular reference to the patron driven acquisitions approach (PDA).

Thanks were expressed to all M25 colleagues who had contributed to the bid. [Post-meeting note: As a variance to the bid, Dominic Tate (Royal Holloway) has been appointed as Project Manager. JISC have agreed to this change].

AC mentioned that Brunel University is participating in an Engineering E-books Pilot and there will be synergies with the Consortium model work. This project will run from 1 August 2012 to 31 July 2013. AC is going to report back to the Consortium on the project at the next SG meeting.

JT asked to have E-books as a standing item on the SG agenda for the coming year.

Actions: 9.1 AC is going to report back to the consortium on the Engineering E-books pilot project at the next SG meeting.
9.2 NR to add E-books as a standing item on the SG agenda for the coming year.

10.    Disaster Management

There have been one or two recent queries about the Mutual Support Agreement and JT suggested we include this as an item to discuss at the November Strategy Planning day. CL suggested that perhaps we do not need to take any action at this stage, except to update the information on the website. It was agreed that AB would update the Mutual Support Agreement.

Actions: 10. AB to update the mutual support agreement. [Post meeting note: AB has updated the text in the Mutual Support Agreement and this has been updated on the M25 Website in the relevant sections: http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/content/view/424/204/, http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/benefits_of_membership.html, http://www.m25lib.ac.uk/mutual_support_agreement_9.html].

11.    Search25

JG provided an update on Search25 and noted that a substantial amount of progress has been made since the last SG meeting including:

  • James Riding, Project Officer, working hard at RHUL assisting with user focus groups and promotional matters;
  • Running a prototype service for focus groups (based on Pazpar2 and Xerxes),with additional development also completed, including a working application programme interface (API) for library access data;
  • Receiving the draft report on evaluation from Sheffield; and
  • Sero leading a successful workshop, M25 member survey and finalising their deliverables.
  • The Project Team has written an exit strategy for project board approval and this will look at how the project moves into the live service.
  • In the coming months Search25 will focus on:

– August – user interface improvements and thorough testing;
– September and beyond – service available to users and widely promoted; &
– November – Official launch of service at M25 Networking Event.
The SG also considered the Search25 Marketing Strategy document and made the following comments:

  • Bookmark: The text should say: ‘Try library hopping. Get London on your bookshelf today!’
  • Oyster Card: Placing M25 Business Cards into the Oyster Wallets is a great idea and this will help the Access Scheme. It would be good to see the M25 Business Card before it is printed.
  • Poster: Is the poster DDA compliant? This will have to be checked with the LSE Design Unit.
  • Search25 library hopping video for researchers: this is a good idea, however, AB noted that this must be done carefully as some institutions don’t offer access as it depends on their SCONUL level. This is ultimately a great idea however we don’t want to raise expectations. The video should reflect the breadth of the institutions (including non-HEFCE institutions).
  • Be careful about sending materials to academics and students directly. Each institution will have their own process for organising marketing and distribution of information. Don’t alienate staff in libraries that are responsible for this function.
  • Providing a toolkit to each institution so their staff can use it in the way it suits them. AB suggested including Jpegs, icons for their blogs and other information relevant to the successful marketing of Search25.
  • CL suggested running the marketing strategy past the SG’s subject librarians for their comments and feedback.
  • If people have any other notes on the marketing strategy or suggestions they would like to contribute to the video, please send them to John Gilby as soon as possible.

Search25 Marketing Costs
KI asked if the required marketing costs were allocated in the initial JISC bid. JG noted that some marketing costs were allocated in the bid however the Search25 Project Team has identified the need to spend more and are seeking support from the SG to do this.

The Search25 Project Team needs £5000 to effectively market Search25. There is £2000 left in the JISC budget earmarked for marketing however the remaining £3000 will need to be paid from the M25 budget. M25 Treasurer, CL, confirmed that £5000 was allocated to be spent on marketing in the 2011/2012 financial year, however, this entire amount was not spent and as a result M25 could cover the £3000 Search25 marketing costs in the 2012/2013 financial year.

Search25 contact people within M25 Institutions
JG mentioned that we need to identify a list of M25 representatives within each institution to assist with Search25 who can act as a focal point for promotional material but also to update general information (such as contact details) on Search25. MS suggested that the best people to undertake this role could be the SCONUL access representatives. AB advised that he could provide the details for the non-HEFCE institutions.

Action Items:
11.1 JG to run the marketing strategy past the SG’s subject librarians for their comments and feedback.
11. 2 All SG members to provide comments/feedback (if they have any in addition to the comments recorded in these minutes) on the marketing strategy or video to John Gilby as soon as possible.
11.3 CL to note that £3000 from the M25 budget is to be allocated for spending on Search25 marketing in the 2012/2013 financial year.

12.    CMS

AL reported that since the last SG meeting they have approached seven companies to undertake the task of moving the main M25 website, cpd25 site and Directors’ room from the Joomla content management system to WordPress. Given the quotes presented so far further work is required to provide a more detailed cost breakdown for the work

CL noted that we were initially hoping to complete this work for between on a smaller budget so the budget will need to be reviewed if this strategically important work is to be completed.

MS to provide the name of the company that updated their student and staff portal as another potential company to contact to complete this work.

Actions:
12.1 AL and JG to meet with the potential company and make a recommendation by the December SG meeting.
12.2 CL to note the increase in funds to complete the CMS upgrade, possibly to come out of the reserves.
12.3 MS to provide the name of the company that updated their student and staff portal as another potential company to complete this work.

13.    Conference

The feedback from the 2012 Annual Conference was very positive. Following the conference debriefing meeting, it was identified that the key for a successful conference is to book a venue, determine a theme and engage a keynote speaker very early on in the process. NR asked for ideas on potential themes, venues and keynote speakers from the SG for the 2013 Annual Conference. Initial ideas include:

•    The changing roles of Libraries: Looking back and moving forward, try and tie the theme in with the 20th anniversary
•    David Willets, Minister of State for Universities and Science
•    Shabana Mahmood MP, Labour’s Shadow Minister for Higher Education
•    Professor Sir Adrian Smith, Vice-Chancellor of the University of London
•    Roly Keating, British Library
•    Venue ideas: A historic building, a building with the wow factor.

NR will distribute the final conference report and feedback to the M25 SG members.

Actions:
13.1 NR to send an email to SG to ask for their ideas on potential themes, venues and keynote speakers to NR.
13.2 NR to distribute the final conference report and feedback to the M25 SG members.

14.     Customer Services Group Update

Earlier this year, the M25 Consortium approved a proposal for a new Customer Services Group. The proposal was timely because of the increased awareness of the importance of the customer experience in libraries and the huge scope that there is to work together in many areas. Along similar lines to cpd25, the group will have its own steering group (Erin Caseley, King’s College (Chair), Libby Homer, SOAS (Vice chair), Jan Haines, Oxford Brookes (Secretary), Lis Hannon, UCL (Chair, Benchmarking), Angus Brown, Imperial College (Chair, Communication and Events), Christina Lewis, University for the Creative Arts (Chair, Quality in Customer Service), Matthew Brooke, Royal Holloway (Chair, Service Improvement) and a series of task groups reporting through to the main M25 Consortium Steering Group.

The CSG’s aims are to:

  • Discuss and share knowledge of new developments in customer service generally, and within libraries more specifically
  • Share knowledge and techniques used around measures already implemented at member libraries
  • Discuss and develop methods for improving customer service, especially where there is potential for active collaborative working

Following a kick-off event in April, task groups have been set up, each with a specific focus:

Benchmarking
To construct a benchmarking repository and facilitate the submission of data, leading to a wide range of useful information being available to all.

Communication and Events
To assist us all in knowledge sharing via the M25 staff room, events and conferences. The group will also work closely with cpd25 to plan relevant training courses.

Quality in Customer Service
Providing mutual support for libraries applying for recognition via customer service standards, as well as investigating a range of methods for achieving quality in service provision.

Service Improvement

Measures where we can work together to improve Customer Service, such as Mystery Visiting. They are also considering developing some case studies with examples of best practice.

EC update to the SG:
All CMS groups have agreed on their terms of reference, membership and have agreed to meet 4 times per year. EC will report back to the M25 SG on outcomes from these meetings. Some of the themes that arose at the CMS group meetings include:

–    CMS needing their own space on the M25 website to store information, materials and resources;
–    Concern from cpd25 about potential overlap;
–    It was always the point to work closely with cpd25 but there is a need to determine what that relationship is going to look like;
–    Use all expertise in cpd25 and try not to duplicate work;
–    The Benchmarking group has concerns over the resources that are going to be required to complete this work (noting the benchmarking group needs to scope this project;
–    Utilisation of the Staff Room;
–    A lot of networking is being done, but the idea of CMS is to formalise relationships and mobilise networks by pulling information together and making it centrally available and accessible to everyone.

KI noted that SCONUL are reviewing their benchmarking processes and she will report back to the M25 SG following this meeting/planning session with further information.

Actions:
14.1 AL and EC to meet to talk about the cpd25 relationship with CMS and what level of support they will need.
14.2 LD (Staff Room), AL (cpd25) & AB (CMS Chair, Communication and Events events) to meet to discuss the mutual benefits of this relationship.
14.3 KI noted that SCONUL are reviewing their benchmarking processes and she will report back to the M25 SG following this meeting/planning session with further information.

15.    Marketing Update

AC is currently working on the M25 flyer, M25 Annual Report and the 20th Anniversary celebrations.

Annual Report: AC and NR met with the LSE design unit to work through ideas and timelines. AC would like to include Olympic theme feature articles to capitalise on this historic event. AC would also like to include a M25 Facts and Figures at a glance. Text and images to be finalised and sent to the LSE Design unit by mid-late August with the final proof to be completed by the end of September.

NR to send an email to the M25 SG members calling for their articles and providing time frames to complete this work.

M25 Flyer: The target audience is people within M25 libraries and also new members. The text needs to be edited and when this is completed it will be circulated to SG Members for comment.

Actions:
15.1 NR to send an email to M25 Representatives calling for Olympic feature articles and facts and figures for the M25 Annual Report.
15.2 NR to send SG members an email calling for their annual report articles and a timeframe for their completion.

16.    Treasurer’s Update

CL reported that the finances at the end of the 2011/2012 are looking good.

The M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries has now been formally approved by HMRC as having a charitable status. This will also allow the M25 Consortium to use gift aid in the future.

The SG discussed when the upcoming M25 events should be held to ensure the M25 events and associated costs are distributed evenly across financial years. The SG agreed to the events in the following financial years:

 

 

 2012/2013

2013/2014

M25 Networking

November 2012

Director’s Event

September 2013

(to be a one off cost)

Strategic Planning Afternoon

November 2012

(This was not discussed at the SG meeting, but was approved by the M25 Officers at an earlier date).

M25 Annual Conference

April 2014

M25 Annual Conference

Early April 2013

(first or second week in April)

*Note – the Networking event that would normally be held in the 2013/2014 financial year will not be going ahead as the budget for this event has been allocated to the Anniversary Party to ensure the Anniversary Party is bigger and better.

20th Anniversary Celebratory Event

June 2013

 

17.    cpd25 Update

AL reported that cpd25 has successfully run over 50 events this year. The cpd25 financial position as of May 2012 is reassuring given it has been quite a volatile year. It has been difficult to predict which events will succeed and which events have to be postponed or cancelled.

The statement for disability access has been agreed by the cpd25 steering group and will be posted on the cpd25 website shortly.

Cpd25 ran an event in early 2012 with a specific title and they were approached by an American company requesting that they move the title off the internet as they had it trademarked. As a result, AL had to provide advice to cpd25 task groups with action to take if this issue was to arise again.

AL and SL have been looking into the whether M25, cpd25 and Search25 should be trademarked. SL said that it is very much about branding and each brand will cost approximately £200 to trademark. It was agreed to register the Search25 logo as a trademark in the first instance.

Actions: 17. SL to initiate the registration of Search25 as a trademark.

18.    Contacts List

  • Leave Julie Howell on the list as the M25 representative
  • NR to find out Sue Clegg’s replacement and update the list and M25 website. [Post meeting note: Sue Scorey has replaced Sue Clegg as the M25 contact at the University of Roehampton. This has been reflected on the M25 website].

19.    Dates of next meeting and other important dates for 2012   

 

 

Steering Group Meeting Friday 21stSeptember 2012

2pm to 5pm with lunch from 1pm

London School of Economics

LSE Library, 10 Portugal Street London, WC2A 2HD

M25 Networking Event Wednesday 14thNovember, 5:30pm to 8:30pm The Wiener Library for the Study of the Holocaust & Genocide

29 Russell Square, London WC1B 5DP

M25 Planning Afternoon Wednesday 14thNovember, 3:00pm to 5:00pm London Mathematical Society

57-58 Russell Square, London WC1B 4HS

Actions:
19.1 NR to send around a Doodle Poll for the next SG meetings and the January Planning day (which includes the Christmas meal).
19.2 NR to circulate the M25 calendar of important dates to the M25 Steering Group.
19.3 NR to set up Steering Group meetings for the rest of the Year

 

20.     Any other business

None.

Summary of Actions

2.1     NR to amend the minutes from 6th March 2012. Action Item 9.1 should read: AB to take over from Anne Murphy as the M25 Representative on the Inspire Management Board.
2.2    JT to ask RH if he would like to act as the RLUK link.
3.     JT to finalise the Consortium Strategy: Key projects 2012/13 document for the November Networking event. This document should be distributed, with the full strategic plan 2010/2011 – 2012/2013 to the M25 Representatives prior to the strategy planning day.
4.1     All T&FG Steering Group Champions to provide a brief remit, a couple of deliverables for the year and the membership list (with contact details) to NR by Friday 31st August 2012.
4.2     NR to provide the structure of how the T&FG’s will appear on the website to the M25 Steering Group prior to posting on the website. NR to aim to post all T&FG remits, deliverables and membership lists on the M25 Website by Friday 14th September 2012.
4.3     NR to catch up with EC to determine what level of admin support the Customer Services Group will require.
4.4     JT to ask Jean Sykes if she knows the exact date of establishment of Consortium.
4.5     AC to circulate ideas to the steering group about possible promotional take away items for the 20th Anniversary event.
4.6     SG Members to send JT their sponsorship, speaker, venue ideas for the 20th Anniversary party by 31st August 2012.
5.1     SL to reply to Regents College membership application.
5.2     AB to follow up with David Pearson about the potential membership of the Guildhall Library at the Inspire meeting. AB will report back to the SG following this catch up.
5.3     SL to follow up with Bishopsgate to re-engage their potential interest in M25 membership.
9.1     AC is going to report back to the consortium on the Engineering E-books pilot project at the next SG meeting.
9.2     NR to add E-books as a standing item on the SG agenda for the coming year.
10.     AB to update the mutual support agreement. [Post meeting note: AB has updated the text in the Mutual Support Agreement and this has been updated on the M25 Website in the relevant sections].
11.1     JG to run the marketing strategy past the SG’s subject librarians for their comments and feedback.
11. 2     All SG members to provide comments/feedback (if they have any in addition to the comments recorded in these minutes) on the marketing strategy or video to John Gilby as soon as possible.
11.3     CL to note that £3000 from the M25 budget is to be allocated for spending on Search25 marketing in the 2012/2013 financial year.
12.1     AL and JG to meet with M&M and bring the big ideas back to the SG to consider at the December SG meeting.
12.2     CL to note the increase in funds to complete the CMS upgrade possibly to become out of the reserves.
12.3     MS to provide the name of the company that updated their student and staff portal as another potential company to complete this work.
13.1     NR to send an email to SG to ask for their ideas on potential themes, venues and keynote speakers to NR.
13.2     NR to distribute the final conference report and feedback to the M25 SG members.
14.1     AL and EC to meet to talk about the cpd25 relationship with CMS and what level of support they will need.
14.2     LD (Staff Room), AL (cpd25) & AB (CMS Chair, Communication and Events events) to meet to discuss the mutual benefits and synergies of this relationship.
14.3     KI noted that SCONUL are reviewing their benchmarking processes and she will report back to the M25 SG following this meeting/planning session with further information.
15.1     NR to send an email to M25 Representatives calling for Olympic feature articles and facts and figures for the M25 Annual Report.
15.2     NR to send SG members an email calling for their annual report articles and a timeframe for their completion.
17.     SL to initiate the application to trademark Search25.
19.1     NR to send around a Doodle Poll for the next SG meetings and the January Planning day (which includes the Christmas meal).
19.2     NR to circulate the M25 calendar of important dates to the M25 Steering Group.
19.3     NR to set up SG meetings for the rest of the year.